Maternity and Family centre Krucek
EI number 2009-CZ-24
We are looking for 2 volunteers for long term EVS (12 months).
Activities will start on 1st of February 2014 and 1st of April 2014.
Our websites www.mckrucek.wz.cz , http://krucek.blogspot.cz/– you can find some photos from our actions in part “fotogalerie”. Unfortunatelly the page is only in Czech language, some parts from our EVS volunteers are in English – look at “projekty”è “Mladez v akci”.
Maternity and family centre Krůček Svitavy, o.s. is international, educational, commune and multigenerational centre for families with small children. Every day we offer pleasant and friendly environment with wide variety of activities and services for the families- from exercise for pregnant women, through baby clubs for mothers with babies, creative activities, musical and moving classes for toddlers, English for pre-school children, educational courses for parents, to weekend actions for public. It’s a place of meeting for families with children. It offers services and activities, which have goal to support healthy, active and working family and prevention of social outcast of family with children (from birth to pre-school age). Services and activities allow families to spend free time meaningfully, support them both in the activity and outside, which prevents their social isolation and strengthens the family role in the society.
Goal of Maternity centre Krůček is to help preventing social outcast and isolation of mothers and families with small children, prepare pregnant women for their role as a mother, pass on knowledge about raising children and psychology of family life and to support bringing up to responsible manhood.
Children (mostly between 0 and 6 years, but also their older siblings) in Maternity centre Krůček find new friends, improving their emotional and social intelligence and learn many new abilities, which help in their future adaptation in nursery schools and primary schools. Also, Maternity centre Krůček helps them and their parents to live the time from baby to pre-school age more meaningfully and gives more joy to this time.
Our centers activities can be separated to several areas:
Regular activities during whole week -playroom, creative English for children or adults, creative, moving and musician workshops, logopedics, ecological activities, suburbian camps, trips (mostly for families with children around 1-3 years old)
Babysitting (mostly for children between 1-4 years old)
Irregular actions for families, actions during the holiday and weekends (games in the park, presentations, activities with partners…)
Education of mothers and parents (effective parentship, first aid, gender courses, business and family-how to connect it, how to learn with children, PC courses…)
Other activities (psychological and lactation consulting)
Proposed activities for EVS volunteers:
We offer an open and friendly enviroment in a small collective of the Maternity and family centre. We are used to invite two volunteers for one year. We allready had volunteers from Russia, France, Spain and Georgia. The volunteer can learn cooperation that is important for the Maternity and family centre run. He/she will learn how to offer our service to the families with children and also how to use the feedback to develop our activities. The volunteer will be motivated to be active and to bring his/her own ideas and projects to make our service better. We think that the volunteer can gain new knowledge and abilities that can be utilized in organizing actions for family groups. Parents are mainly 25-40 years old. Age of children is from 0 to 6 years old mostly.
- Regular workshops for mothers and children– their preparation, working out and realization of the program, helping the activation workers. The volunteer will be present on the workshops that is once a week. The workshop’s theme is Playing with English for mothers and children. The volunteer can prepare the workshop or can help families and children to participate on workshop activities. We expect that the volunteer’s competences for working with families and children will grow. That will be reached due to the transparency of the theory and the practice. Every workshop is for 10 mathers with children, more or less.
- Monthly program preparation, participation on Maternity centres’ campaigsn in the Czech Republic (e.g. about active fatherhood, natural childbirth).
- Babysitting-lot of parents need to go to work, when children are not 2 years old and in CR we have problem with vacancies in kindergartens. So we decided to offer babysitting for their small children. Volunteers cooperate with us and help with babysitting too.
- Preparation of the bigger actions for public – we arrange at least 1 bigger action for public per 2 months. These actions are usually on weekends and are prepared and realizated by the whole team including volunteers. The actions are for example: lampion parade, carnival or st. Nicolas celebration. The volunteer will have oportunity to realize own ideas and we will teach him/her how to organize these actions. About 200 people come to this kind of action.
- Comunication with parents, children – comunication skills increasing, gaining the information about the families in the Czech Republic, their social situation, about the multicultural questions, enviromentalism, etc.
- It is possible to cooperate with another organisations in object Fabrika, e. g. library or Salvia, it workes with disabled people (rentiers and mentaly handicapped people). It should be about 10 % of whole service here. It depends on volunteers will.
- Czech lessons-volunteer will have possibility to learn Czech language with a very good and professional teacher. Volunteer´s speaking Czech soon is for us very important.
Working hours: From Monday to Thursday 9-12 a. m. and 2-6 p. m. Friday 9-12 p. m.
The working hours are not the same every day, this is only for ilustration. Working hours are made in cooperation between volunteer, team and needs of our activities.
Working hours are not more then 35 hours per week. Mostly less.
Here are around 10 employees for full-time or part time. They are women about 30 years old.
Voluteers live in a block of flats. They have one flat in 6th floor with 3 rooms, kitchen, toilet and bathroom. Each room is for one person. We usually have 2 volunteers, in the third room lives a girl from The Czech Republic and she helps as a support of volunteers.
Maternity centre Krůček is located in town Svitavy, which has approximately 18000 inhabitants. It is a small town with historical square. It’s in lightly hilled country of Svitavy highland in the northeast of Czech Republic. It is important transport junction; it has good position for tourists and interesting surroundings. There are plenty of touristic paths and bike roads.
There is an opportunity to visit cultural actions, for example a theatre, cinema, concerts, balls, museum, markets and library. Sport actions are on hockey pit, swimming pool, or sports hall. There is also a bowling centre, football and volleyball club and in-line trails.
More information’s about the town on www.svitavy.cz.
Maternity centre is located in multipurpose educational and community centre, in building called Fabric Svitavy, where are several other organizations placed- like library, social services centre Salvia, centre of cultural services, rest home. There is also big hall for actions, several study rooms. More informations on: http://www.fabrikasvitavy.eu/
Maternity centre Krůček has its rear here, room separated to play room and workshop, you may use the printing machine, copy machine, work cell phone, internet or kitchen here.
There is a very nice environment, like country (Toulovcovy maštale…), like historical cities in the neighborhood- Litomyšl, Polička, Moravská Třebová, which every one of them is worth seeing.
Mundus escogerá a dos voluntarios. Los escogerá directamente el equipo Mundus de entre vuestras candidaturas.
Enviadnos CV y carta de motivación en inglés a firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline es 22 de septiembre a las 12AM.
Mucho ánimo y suerte!