Vacancy for EVS Volunteer in Slovenia
- Contact person: anja erzen
- Coordinating organisation: Zavod O
- Host: MDC Blok: https://www.facebook.com/mdc.blok?fref=ts
- Location: Škofja Loka, Slovenia
- Deadline: 01/09/2013
- Start: 01/01/2014
- End: 31/12/2014
- Zavod O, the local youth center, is strongly connected to newly established Youth Daily Center MDC BLOK. The fundamental idea of MDC BLOK is based on the desire to offer a programme of activities to the generation/ group of young people from 12 to 18, who in the area of Trata (the suburb of Škofja Loka), spend their free time aimlessly and in a disorganised way, in idleness and boredom.Besides, the MDC BLOK programme aims to provide support to children with specific learning needs and to those with adolescent problems. The support is meant to be provided both at the individual level as well as in cooperation with parents and teachers.Our aim is to improve youth working habits and the change of their value system, which would be achieved within different motivation-raising methods, such as thinking games, different workshops (music, sport, painting) etc.
The programme includes group work and activities with adolescents, cooperation among different institutions, learning help, advisory work, daily excursions. The MDC BLOK operates under the responsibility of two coordinators and carefully selected external co-workes and volunteers.
The list below contains some of the crucial problems we are focusing on and corresponding activities for their potential correction. For most of the listed activities the help of local volunteers is welcome and is going to be upgraded with the help of EVS volunteers. That would give the daily youth center the international dimension. The problems are grouped in the following four categories: 1. Children are left alone from different reasons (absence or work overload of parents etc.) Activities to correct these problems: – film, photography, – drama, circus workshops, – comics, graffiti etc-drawing workshops, – manufacturing/hand-making of small and useful objects, – games (indoor, outdoor), – communication workshops, – cooking workshops, – music workshops, – project work: charity work (helping pensioners, handicapped etc.), – camps, excursions. 2. Learning difficulties, lack of creativity, etc. Activities: – Support-lessons for different subject in school, – motivation-raising converstations – in groups and indvidually. 3. Lack of sport/physical exercises etc. Activities: – sports (indoor, outdoor), – dance workshops, – simple work/tasks (project – helping neighbours, elderly etc). 4. Family violence, domestic abuse. Activities: – individual conversations with abused children and their parents, – finding contacts with corresponding institutions EVS volunteers are expected to help with the realisation of the program in MDC BLOK two or three times per week – according to the agreement. The Center opening time is from 13:00 to 19:00 every day, except weekends. It is open also during school holidays.
Only applications particularly for Zavod O will be checked. Flexibility and open mind is welcome. Candidate should be ready to live in a small town such as Škofja Loka. Ability to communicate in English would be welcome. Very welcome also positive attitude towards working with young people, creative and self-initiative personality.
First we will select the applications of interested people on our e-mail. After this selection, we will contact those, who will be most appropriate. Those will be invited to further skype meeting. Please indicate 2 sections you see yourself and explain your motivation. Please send us your CV and motivation letter on the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
RECUERDA decir que Asociación Mundus con referencia EI número 2013-ES-63 es tu Sending Organization.
Y si te piden mas detalles de nosotros contacta con: email@example.com