Vacancy for EVS Volunteer in Slovenia
- Contact person: Matjaž Vouk
- Organisation: Zavod
- Location:, Slovenia
- Deadline: 15/09/2013
- Start: 07/01/2014
- End: 31/12/2014
- Two volunteers needed for two daily care centers: DC Ω and DC Škrlovec.
- Applications for the third daily care center MDC Blok are matter of this post: http://www.youthnetworks.eu/ShowVacancy.aspx?Vacancy=good-vibes-ii
- Zavod O, the local youth center, is strongly connected with three Daily Care Centers in the local area: MDC Blok (Youth Daily Care Center Blok) in Škofja Loka suburb, Daily Care Center DCΩ in the center of Škofja Loka and Daily Care Center Škrlovec in Kranj. First one is run by the NGO, Škrlovec and DCΩ work under the Center for for Social Work in Kranj and Škofja Loka, which are governmental institutions.Despite slight organisational differences they have a common target group, which is children and youth between the age of 6 and 16 years and their families. The fundamental idea of all three Daily Care Centers is based on the desire to offer a programme of activities to the generation/ group of young people who, spend their free time aimlessly and in a disorganised way, in idleness and boredom. They give children and youth a place, where they feel confortable and safe, where they can develop their social skills and get support considering behavioral, emotional, learning and other diffilculties. The program aims to provide support to learners with specific learning needs and to those with adolescent problems. The support is meant to be provided both at the individual level – working with each individual, as well as in cooperation with parents and all family. The programme includes group work and activities with adolescents, cooperation among different institutions, learning help, advisory work, holiday camps, daily excursions.
- The idea of the proposed project is to include one EVS volunteer in the work of each Daily Care center. All three volunteers will live in the same flat, they will share their experiences and if it will be needed, they will help each other at work in their Daily Care Center. Through their work better cooperation between three daily care centers will be established and environment for the realisation for their future common projects will be created.
The list below contains some of the crucial problems Daily Care Centers are focusing on and corresponding activities for their potential correction.. For most of the listed activities the help of local volunteers is welcome and is going to be upgraded with the help of EVS volunteers. That would give the Daily Care Center the international dimension. The problems are grouped in the following four categories: 1. Children are left alone from different reasons (absence or work overload of parents etc.) Activities to correct these problems: – film, photography, – drama, circus workshops, – comics, graffiti etc-drawing workshops, – manufacturing/hand-making of small and useful objects, – games (indoor, outdoor), – communication workshops, – cooking workshops, – music workshops, – project work: charity work (helping pensioners, handicapped etc.), – camps, excursions. 2. Learning difficulties, lack of creativity, etc. Activities: – Support-lessons for different subject in school, – motivation-raising converstations – in groups and indvidually. 3. Lack of sport/physical exercises etc. Activities: – sports (indoor, outdoor), – dance workshops, – simple work/tasks (project – helping neighbours, elderly etc). 4. Family violence, domestic abuse. Activities: – individual conversations with abused children and their parents, – finding contacts with corresponding institutions. Volunteers are also welcome to realize projects outside of Daily Care Centers in cooperation with other local institutions and with the three European volunteers that will work in the structure of Zavod O. The time schedule is very flexible and can be arranged according to the Volunteers wishes and activities. On the other hand the working week is well structured through regular meetings with work coordinator of their Daily Care Center. EVS volunteers are expected to help with the realisation of the program in Daily Care Centers 4 times per week, one day is intended to help to other related organisation, primarly Zavod O, Škofja Loka Youth Center. The openning hours of the Daily Care Centers are every working day between 13:00 and 19:00. During the school holidays they are closed for one month. This period can EVS volunteer use as vacation (traveling, visiting home).
Only applications sent by email will be checked. Flexibility and open mind is welcome. Candidate should be ready to live in a small town such as Škofja Loka. Ability to communicate in English would be welcome. Very welcome also positive attitude towards working with young people, creative and self-initiative personality.
First we will select the applications of interested people on our e-mail. After this selection, we will contact those, who will be most appropriate. Those will be invited to further skype meeting. Please send us your CV and motivation letter on the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECUERDA decir que Asociación Mundus con referencia EI número 2013-ES-63 es tu Sending Organization.
Y si te piden mas detalles de nosotros contacta con: email@example.com