Vacancy for EVS Volunteer in Poland
- Contact person: Paulina Podolak
- Stowarzyszenie Miedzynarodowej i Miedzykulturowej Wymiany ANAWOJ
- Host: Specjalny Osrodek Szkolno-Wychowawczy im. W. Kikolskiego: http://www.sosw.bialystok.pl/
- Location: Bialystok, Poland
- Deadline: 23/08/2013
- Start: 01/10/2013
- End: 30/06/2014
- Bialystok is the centre of the region with a population of almost 300 thousand. The project will take a place there, at The Special Educational Center, which is located in the midtown of Bialystok and it is an important place for handicap and retarded children from all over the region. At school children can use things like: housework workshop, studio of Tomatis’s method therapy, experiencing the world studio, place for rehabilitation (gym, swimmingpool) etc.
The volunteer will have a basic responsibility to assist the teacher at school. The volunteer will join the tasks, which encourage the students to grow emotionally, mentally, physically, socially and spiritually. To give an idea of the volunteer’s duties we mention here different sorts during the whole project: Assist/ conduct in social/ recreational programs for the students: at the boarding school: helping students doing their homework, doing crafts, watching movies together, playing games, quizzes, organizing common meetings like teatime, birthday parties, going out, taking part of different evening activities etc.
We would like to host someone, who wants to help the others, who is open for new activities. Because the special center is a special organization, we would like to host someone who is not afraid of contact with mentally and physically handicapped. We are looking for someone interested in music (volunteer will assist music teacher), creative and open-minded.
All interested people are asked to send us their CV. We’ll also ask to fill in the special form, containing more detailed questions about the motivation of the volunteer. The coordinating organization will pass them to the hosting organization. The final decision will be made by the stuff of the school involved in the project and working directly with the volunteers. Please, send your application to Paulina: firstname.lastname@example.org
RECUERDA decir que Asociación Mundus es tu Sending Organization.
Y si te piden mas detalles de nosotros contacta con: email@example.com